My Work Break
ACT to foster happiness, peace,
prosperity, and tolerance in the Middle East
Brief guide to Australia's history and culture.
1. The bigger the hat, the smaller the farm.
2. The shorter the nickname, the more they like you.
3. Whether it's the opening of Parliament, or the launch of a new art gallery,
there is no Australian event that cannot be improved by a sausage sizzle.
4. If the guy next to you is swearing like a wharfie he's probably a media
billionaire. Or on the other hand, he may be a wharfie.
5. There is no food that cannot be improved by the application of tomato sauce.
6. On the beach, all Australians hide their keys and wallets by placing them
inside their sandshoes. No thief has ever worked this out.
7. Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the plastic milk
8. All our best heroes are losers.
9. The alpha male in any group is he who takes the barbecue tongs from the hands
of the host and blithely begins turning the snags.
10. It's not summer until the steering wheel is too hot to hold.
11. A thong is not a piece of scanty swimwear, as in America, but a fine example
of Australian footwear. A group of sheilas wearing black rubber thongs may not
be as exciting as you had hoped.
12. It is proper to refer to your best friend as "a total bastard". By contrast,
your worst enemy is "a bit of a bastard".
13. Historians believe the widespread use of the word "mate" can be traced to
the harsh conditions on the Australian frontier in the 1890s, and the
development of a code of mutual aid, or "mateship". Alternatively, Australians
may just be really hopeless with names.
14. The wise man will choose a partner who is more attractive than
15. If it can't be fixed with pantyhose and fencing wire, it's not worth fixing.
16. The most popular and widely praised family in any street is the one that has
the swimming pool.
17. It's considered better to be down on your luck than up yourself.
18. The phrase "we've got a great lifestyle" means everyone in the family drinks
19. If invited to a party, you should take cheap red wine and then spend all
night drinking the host's beer. (Don't worry, he'll have catered for it).
20. If there is any sort of free event or party within a hundred kilometers,
you'd be a mug not to go.
21. The phrase "a simple picnic" is not known. You should take everything you
own. If you don't need to make three trips back to the car, you're not trying.
22. Unless ethnic or a Pom, you are not permitted to sit down in your front
yard, or on your front porch. Pottering about, gardening or leaning on the fence
is acceptable. Just don't sit. That's what backyards are for.
23. The tarred road always ends just after the house of the local mayor.
24. On picnics, the Esky is always too small, creating a food versus grog battle
that can only ever be resolved by leaving the salad at home.
25. When on a country holiday, the neon sign advertising the motel's pool will
always be slightly larger than the pool itself.
26. The men are tough, but the women are tougher.
27. The chief test of manhood is one's ability to install a beach umbrella in
28. There comes a time in every Australian's life when he/she realizes that the
Aerogard is worse than the flies.
29. And, finally, don't let the tourist books fool you. No-one EVER says
"cobber" to anyone ... EVER!
Back | Home | Next
21st Century Lifelessness
Animals Interesting Facts
Apple iPhone Facts
Brief guide to Australia
Best Bumper Stickers
How Companies Got their Name
Humans Interesting Facts
Fun Eyes Test
Fun Personality Test
Funny Computer Tricks
Funny General Pictures
Funny Video Clips
Funny Video Clips
Funny Waxing Alternative
Great Animal Pictures
Great Sunsets Pictures
Great World Pictures
General Interesting Facts
General Quotes & Movie Lines
Item of the Day
:-) Jokes :-)
Language Interesting Facts
Lebanon Interesting Facts
Mental Abilities Challenges
More Amazing Facts
Numbers Fun Facts
Optical Illusions 2
Optical Illusions 3
Pre-School Test for U
Phrases for Work
Quotes by Great Women
Quotes by Wise Old Men
Seen On T-Shirts
SMS Abbreviations Meaning
Someone and you
Song for Bush
Statistics about Sex
Strange but true coincidents
Super Silly Quiz
Tips for Managers
Twisted Fun Thoughts
Time Fun Facts
Unofficial Smiley Dictionary
Viral Email Health Tips